Subject: IBM ThinkPad 760xl woes
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2004 11:03:22
Ok, i cannot for the life of me get the 760xl to use either of my PCMCIA
ethernet cards, so i went and snagged the docking station from my friend,
as it has an ethernet card in one of the ISA slots.

bootlap?.fs doesn't have support for the 3C509B (not surprising as it's not
very common to have ISA slots in a laptop *G*) so i got the boot?.fs floppy
images and booted from those.

the laptop images boot and get me to the point where i can run the installer,
but they don't get my network access to get the rest of the NetBSD distro.

the "regular" boot floppies get me to the point where they are:

scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle

and then it hangs there.  can't get it to go any further.

is there something that i'm missing in trying to get this laptop going?

thanks!

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the