Subject: Re: 3C509 problem
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Rui Paulo <goteki@pixeloverflow.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/20/2004 18:39:13
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:25:55 +0100 (BST)
"Dr R.S. Brooks" <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Matthias Drochner wrote:
[...]
> I have had two of these cards working quite happily in a firewall
> machine.  The trick is to never build a kernel with both isa and isapnp
> attachments for the ep driver (or the cards will be seen twice if they
> have PnP enabled).
Like I said in a previous post, I don't have isapnp enabled in the kernel config and the card doesn't show up twice.

> EITHER:
> Use the DOS setup program to set all cards to PnP on, and build
> a kernel with the isapnp ep attachment only.
I'll try that, thanks.

-
Rui Paulo <goteki@pixeloverflow.com>
3F1E DB64 40B0 B027 1F3C  4A4A 1384 42C6 B05A DCB7

  "Simplicity is the ultimate
    sophistication."
    -- Leonardo da Vinci