Subject: FAT floppies, short names
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/15/2004 11:19:05
Hi.

  How come I get short filenames only on FAT floppies I formatted on my
BSD box?  They seem to work just fine in Windows machines, but when I
read
them on my NetBSD 1.6 system again, I get short filena~1.mes only.

  This does not happen with pre-formatted disks.  I haven't tried
reformatting on the Win box, except for a quick format, which didn't
help.

  It's hardly a big problem, and I know it can be fixed with formatting,
but .. why?  What option did I forget to include?

 (I'll test this more thoroughly when I get home tonight)

/m