Subject: Re: FTP not working in some cases?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2004 10:18:52
> Is there a Checkpoint firewall in the path?  That can cause the
> symptoms you noticed.  Sometimes, this can be bypassed by using a '-'
> as the password.  I haven't tried this, but you might be able to
> persuade sysinst to do that by using its 'shell' option and creating a
> .netrc file.
>
> 		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb

Thank you for your reply.  We do not have a Checkpoint firewall.  We have
a Pix firewall.  None of your solutions work.  This is really weird.  I
thought about copying the distribution to my Windows partition and then
mounting it in sysinst, bt it turns out that I can't even access
releng.netbsd.org through Windows.  Is there someting wrong with the ftp
server?
Thanks,
Yasir