Subject: Re: NetBSD current on Soekris 4801
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2004 23:43:26
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:06:22PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > I don't know how this serial console stuff interacts with an OS when
> > it's pre-kludged right into the BIOS itself.  Probably the BIOS
> > pretends the serial port is like a screen.
>
> Right, which is why you see pxeboot output (our bootloader calls BIOS
> functions to do output) but not the kernel output.
>
> I fell into the same trap a few days ago.

Me too, and using pxeboot_ia32_com0.bin nor building a kernel with
console hardwired to com0 helped. Using the pxeboot_ia32_com0.bin from
1.6.2 fixed the problem.
It seems the current pxeboot_ia32_com0.bin has a problem with at last some
Soekris. The one on which I had the problem was a 4521.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>