Subject: PR/23700 and PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Takayoshi Kochi <kochi@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/2004 01:06:52
Hi,

I looked into PR/23700 and checked the patch in the context.
The patch looks almost fine.

One point I noticed while checking the patch was that
handling of the "compatible router" field in pcibios_pir_header
in arch/i386/pci/pci_intr_fixup.c.

The pcibios_pir_header contains the following information
from BIOS:

 a) PCI address (bus:dev.fn) of interrupt router
 b) compatible PCI id of interrupt router

The current behavior (to match known interrupt routers)
in the pcibios driver is as follows:

 1. look up the compatible router (b) in known interrupt routers
 2. if not found, fall back to look up PCI IDs of bus:dev.fn (a)

I changed this to:

 1. look up PCI IDs of bus:dev.fn (a) in known interrupt routers
 2. if not found, fall back to look up the compatible router (b)

such that we can support better support of 'native' interrupt
router than compatible one.

If you have any problem with this change, please let me know.

---
Takayoshi Kochi