Subject: Re: VMWare crashes -current
To: Brian Gregor <bgregor@buphy.bu.edu>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/2004 18:52:09
Brian Gregor wrote:
> Hi, I tried this on current-users but got no response...
>
> I'm trying out VMWare 3 on -current, v1.6ZL.  After installing
> from pkgsrc, vmware runs fine until I attempt a 'power on' of the
> virtual machine.  /etc/rc.conf is setup according to the instructions
> with the package.  A 'power on' results in a complete instant lockup
> of the machine.
>
> If I can't get this to work I have to run Linux :-(...

Quick question - you do not use modload -f when loading
the LKM, right?

I use VMware with -current quite often (last like a week or two
ago) and didn't have such problem.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-