Subject: Re: PCI probe
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: None <openbsd@softhome.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/2004 16:07:12
Jaromir Dolecek writes:

> openbsd@softhome.net wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to get the kernel to avoid probbing PCI 0:0:1 and 0:0:2. Also,
>> everything above 1:0:0 (not included) needs to be avoided. I made this
>> patch for /sys/dev/pci/pciconf.c, can anyone tell me if it might work?
>
> You should return -1, not -EINVAL there. Also, && (device || function)
> is more readable IMHO, even tho functionally equivalent.
> Other than that, I guess it might work fine.

Thanks so much Jaromir for your reply. I tried your suggestions and they
seem to work fine. Still, I can't tell if the kernel is doing the probing
or not. I got this dmesg from my PC with the kernel + pci_patch.

http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~nib1/dmesg.txt

Maybe you can tell if the modification is working or not.

Thanks again,
Nicolas.