Subject: RE: mbr boot selector
To: slick , Port-I386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thorsten Glaser <tg-i2004@netcologne.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2004 20:33:33
Dixitur illum plan_b@videotron.ca scribere...

>boot code checks for manual or automatic boot flag,
>if automatic, check for default boot option value and do the rest.
>if manual, print the 4 partition label, start the timer, wait for input.

That's not multiboot (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/multiboot.htm=
l),
that's bootmanager (https://mirbsd.bsdadvocacy.org:8890/cvs.cgi/src/sbin/bo=
otsys/i386/mbrldr/mbr.S,
and you need -DBOOTMANAGER for it).

Already done that multiple times. Except for the timeout, I could do
it in <10 minutes under DEBUG.COM - why reinvent the wheel? MirOS
is free software (as in OSI).

@Paul: no need to tell me, I know pine is not free. But if it says
       your mailer is broken, it probably is. Stop flamewarring, I've
       got worse things to do (dayjob).

//Thorsten
--=20
Solange man keine schmutzigen Tricks macht, und ich meine *wirklich*
schmutzige Tricks, wie bei einer doppelt verketteten Liste beide
Pointer XORen und in nur einem Word speichern, funktioniert Boehm ganz
hervorragend.=09=09-- Andreas Bogk =FCber boehm-gc in d.a.s.r