Subject: Re: Mounting as read-write
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/2004 06:55:01
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

Nick Vanderweit wrote:
> Hi! I just installed NetBSD on a friend's computer,
> and I was wondering how you could make it so that
> anyone could mount fd0a, and how they could all have
> read-write access WITHOUT accessing root.

This reminds me of something. You can pretty stall your system by
writing/reading to/from a damaged resp. removed floppy. I wonder
whether this isn't actually a bug in the floppy driver. IIRC,
you *can* check whether the drive contains a floppy or not although
this flag is flipped on PS/2 systems. So this should at least stop
the kernel from trying to access a non-existing floppy.

--=20
Christian

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj--