Subject: Realtek FA311 (sip w/ nsphyter) problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Neill <TYR124840@tyler.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/2004 18:42:18
Hi,

After experiencing a lot of problems networking and tracking the problem
through my router, dhclient, dhclient-script, my interface configs, and my
routing tables (which all seem to be fine) and looking through the mailing
lists for things related to the card, I have a small question.

When I try and configure the interface with dhclient, I get the following
error:

ip length 576 disagrees with bytes received 582
accepting packet with data after udp payload

(The numbers are always 576 and 582.) Despite that message, I do receive a
lease from the dhcp server (I have checked in its configuration), and
dhclient configures the interface properly, /var/db/dhclient.leases is
updated with correct information... but I can't send packets to anything.
'ping -r 192.168.1.1' yields 'host is down'. Additionally, /etc/resolv.conf
is never updated properly, which makes me think that dhclient-script
encounters some weirdness when running, caused by I-don't-know-what.

I know the card is good, cabling, etc., because I've run FreeBSD in exactly
the same setup and it works flawlessly, so my question is this:  could the
issue with NetBSD possibly be a driver problem?