Subject: Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro (old) PCMCIA problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@web.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/2004 23:20:35
Martin Weber wrote:

> Just an idea:
>
> I had to add the following to my kernel config file on a toshibe
> T3400 (486 SX, pcmcia x 1) to get my pcmcia network working:
>
> options PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=0x300
> options PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=0xff

I also had to add this for a Lucent Orinoco Gold. Nevertheless, when I
plugged in a DEC DEPCM (PCMCIA NE2000 clone), my Satellite also freezed
when receiving or sending (I couldn't determine) SPECIAL types of
packets over the network. It always freezed when connecting via telnet
to a VMS host or when I tried to receive a file via IRC DCC GET, for
example. Horrible.
I couldn't test if the Satellite freezes with the Orinoco because there
were problems with the WLAN (Cisco VPN 3000...).

My config:

Toshiba Satellite Pro 410CDT, 16 MB RAM
NetBSD 1.6.1

Regards