Subject: Re: Problems and Bugs encoutered on Armada 1110
From: Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/2004 23:43:08
--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:08:23PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> Sascha Wilde wrote:
> > The first Problem is about the pci and/or pciide driver.  The latest
> > Version I hat running without problems is NetBSD 1.4.2.  (I'm not sure
> > if 1.4.3 worked):
>=20
> [problem description]
>=20
> > When reporting, would this be a "kern" or a "port-i386" bug?
>=20
> Although, the problem can be fixed by using isa(4) instead of pci(4)
> in the kernel config, the problem itself doesn't look strictly i386.
> I'd submit a kern bug.

O.k. so thats what I'll do, thank you.

> > By diging in the maillinglist archives I found out that by setting:
> >=20
> > options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=3D0x0400
> > options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=3D0x00ff
> =20
> > The problem I see here, is that the information is really hard to find
> > (its mentioned in the sys/dev/isa/i82365_isasubr.c sourcefile, but in
> > the i386 GENERIC* configuration files these options are missing and
> > the pcic(4) manpage doesn't give any hints either.
>=20
> It's in pcmcia(4) (which is referenced by pcic(4)) and also in
> options(4), at least in -current that is.

shame on me, you are right...  I could swear I didn't find it in
options(4) ;-)  -- but now its obviosly there, even in 1.6.1. Sorry.

thanks for your comment
sascha
--=20
Sascha Wilde
Nota bene: wenn Word f=FCr L=E4ngeres geeignet w=E4re, w=FCrde es schlie=DF=
lich
nicht Word, sondern Sentence, Page oder Article hei=DFen
 	-- Matthias M=FChlich in dctt

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--