Subject: Re: Did you ever find the source of the "sleep sleeps forever" problem?
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2004 13:07:54
On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:17:12PM +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:33:06PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> >
> > on sparc64 it's been very strange.  on my U1 it would sometimes not
> > appear for days, othertimes it would be there by the time multiuser
> > was reached..  for another developer, his U1 goes into this mode after
> > 63 (?) days of uptime.  until fairly recently, we were the only two
> > who had hit this problem that i knew of... it's more like something
> > gets clobbered than not initialised.
>
> count me in.  U1 as well.  first time it happened after ~2 weeks of
> uptime, later only after 2 days.  sometimes it just runs without any
> problems for weeks.  the machine is now offline so i can't chek more.

I don't recall what my uptime was, but its only happened to me once, and I
don't think I even had a month of uptime. Ultra 5. Stock configuration,
except that I'm only using the on-board IDE for the cdrom, and using an
adaptec 2940UW-OFW for the HD.

The machine is online, but it's not so mission critical that I can't
transfer its primary services to another box and use it for more heavy
testing.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII