Subject: Re: Did you ever find the source of the "sleep sleeps forever" problem?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2004 14:17:12
--Hw0FrjWlp+qkNlJP

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:33:06PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
>=20
> on sparc64 it's been very strange.  on my U1 it would sometimes not
> appear for days, othertimes it would be there by the time multiuser
> was reached..  for another developer, his U1 goes into this mode after
> 63 (?) days of uptime.  until fairly recently, we were the only two
> who had hit this problem that i knew of... it's more like something
> gets clobbered than not initialised.

count me in.  U1 as well.  first time it happened after ~2 weeks of
uptime, later only after 2 days.  sometimes it just runs without any
problems for weeks.  the machine is now offline so i can't chek more.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --