Subject: Re: Problems with wine
To: None <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2004 12:13:58
> Stephen Nelson [Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:25:02PM +0000]:
> > 1 - compiling from pkgsrc
> > this compilies successfully, but when I attempt to exec /usr/pkg/bin/wine I
> > get an error: "exec: /usr/pkg/bin/wine - Not enough memory".
> Thomas Klausner recently had problems with wine and wrote about it on
> tech-pkg@; check archives to see if there are the same you encounter. Big
> chances, that is the same problem.

I get a similar error using "wine-20031212" build taken from pkgsrc
current:

	/opt/pkg/bin/wine: Cannot allocate memory

even though I have 512MB of RAM, and I am only running a kernel, X-Windows,
FVWM95 window manager, and X-term, and 2 tcsh shells.  Oh, BTW I have
enabled "options USER_LDT" in my kernel.

Please let me know if anyone has a fix to get wine to work.

Alicia.