Subject: Re: Endless trouble with ISA NICs
To: Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2004 13:46:07
Sascha Wilde wrote:
> I'll give it a try, but afaik the card doesn't support pnp.  (The
> EtherExpess PRO/10 does, but I think NetBSD doesn
> t support PnP for that...).

IIRC EtherExpress PRO/10 is not supported at all. Do you mean
Intel EtherExpress/16 ?

> > I recently experienced couple of ep (3Com EtherLink III) ISA
> > cards which only worked when configured via isapnp, so maybe
> > it would help you too. Same for the sound card, it should
> > be configured via isapnp too.
>
> Please read carefully what I wrote, the soundcard is PCI, which makes
> the bad interaction with the 3Com NIC even more strange to me...

Just to make sure, is there any 'PnP OS intalled' or 'Used
operating system' setting in the BIOS? It has to be 'no'
or 'Other' for PCI devices to be fully configured by BIOS.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-