Subject: laptop configs (was Re: GENERIC is absurdly big)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2003 13:56:38
On Dec 18, 2003, at 1:05 PM, Alan Post wrote:

> In article <23C217FC-3180-11D8-A61F-000393677372@elfie.org>, John=20
> Franklin wrote:
>>
>> In addition, I'd like to see kernel configs for specific machines,=20
>> like
>> an AS400 config file, or a TiBook config file.
>
> I think this would be useful, especially for laptops, which tend to
> have odd machinery.

I'm hesitant to do the same for x86 laptops, but only because there are=20=

so many of them, we'd end up with literally hundreds of config files. =20=

They would certainly be useful for the oddball laptops that need a=20
particular set of options to work, like PCIBIOS_FOO.  I suppose we=20
could make a laptops directory, and subdirectories by vendor (IBM,=20
Compaq, Dell, etc.)

jf
--=20
John Franklin