Subject: Re: More 1.6.1 strangeness
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/19/2003 20:49:01
> > sysinst in 'current' tries lot harder, it will use the 'last mounted
> > on' field from the superblock as a default for the mount point.
>
> That would not have helped in my case, since the disk was entirely
> clean to begin with - there was no superblock until sysinst ran newfs

Ok that case is handled much better.
I suggest you have a look at the new code.

If you:
$ cd src/distrib/utils/sysinst
$ nbmake obj depend all
$ cd obj/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/i386
$ ./sysinst -D
then you can run through almost all the menus.
You probably need to be in group 'wheel' in order to read the disklabel,
you don't want to be root (because it will remove swap!).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk