Subject: Re: per-cpu TSS
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/14/2003 10:37:39
I'd perhaps return to the core of argument, that being
the proposed change to eliminate the upper cap on number
of LWPs on NetBSD/i386. Given that it took some 10 years
to actually start tackle the TSS limitation, it should
be done in some form or another finally IMHO.

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the proposed change, would
anyone object to the change being committed? Since it's
entirely MD code, anyone can replace that with any different
solution later, if needed. Opinions?

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-