Subject: Re: windows drivers on netbsd?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/07/2003 12:24:59
> What USB devices are interesting to support using this method?

Well, I have a USB device that is supposed to be a PlayStation
controller interface.  But when I plug it into my machine, the USB code
gets upset:

Nov  7 12:30:13 Truly-Delicious /netbsd: usbd_new_device: addr=2, getting full desc failed
Nov  7 12:30:13 Truly-Delicious /netbsd: uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=IOERROR
Nov  7 12:30:13 Truly-Delicious /netbsd: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2

I dug into the code and concluded that this meant it didn't follow the
spec, meaning there's little hope of making it work without the
provided (Windows-only, of course) driver.

Not that it makes a tremendous difference to me; I wouldn't run the
Windows driver even if I could, because it's binary-only.  (Actually, I
might set up a crash-and-burn box and to reverse-engineer the
interface, but it would be connected to other machines only through my
eyes and fingers.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign