Subject: Re: no cardbus cards detected with -current on Thinkpad 600E
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/2003 17:25:39
I have a THinkpad 600x which occasionallly flakes out so badly I pull
out the disk and put it in an old 600e. The 600X has been running
NetBSD for about two years, with various cardbus 10/100 cards.  1.6ZC
says the 600x has a TI1450 bridge, rev 0x03.  Only flakiness is the
sound hardware is occasionaly unready and registers unreadable after
reboot/wakeup (iirc smb mentioned a similar problem).

The 600e seems to manage, by and by. Next time the 600x flakes I will
try a Cardbus ethernet card in the 600e.  I'm pretty sure the 600e
worked okay with WinXP, not that that helps much.