Subject: Re: NetBSD won't boot
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@heineken.cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/2003 10:33:51
Hello,
My file system is read only, so I looked into the archives, and it said to
do "mount -u -o rw /" fix the read only problem.  I do that but I get this
message:
mount: Cannot open '/etc/fstab': No such file or directory
mount_ffs: root_device on /: No such file or directory.

When I do "ls -l fstab", I get the following:
lrwxrwxr-x 1 root wheel 17 Ocs 25 20:15 fstab -> etc.current/fstab

The same is true for rc.conf, inetd.conf, mrouted.conf, nsswitch.conf,
ntp.conf, and resolv.conf.  The directory etc.current does not exist in
/etc!  They're all dead links!  How do I get out of this predicament?
Thanks,
Yasir Malik