Subject: NetBSD won't boot
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@heineken.cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/25/2003 21:28:45
Hello,
I used to the newbtconf program in order to have multiple boot
configurations, one for the network and one for without the network.  I
followed the directions in the man page exactly, and when I booted again,
I typed 'nonet' to prevent connecting to the network.  I wanted to make
'nonet' default, so I did the following:
rm /etc/etc.default
ln -s /etc/etc.nonet /etc/etc.default

When I rebooted, I got this message that I don't remember, and then this
message kept on appearing:
Oct 25 21:16:23 init : can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port
/dev/console: No such file or directory.

I rebooted, and this message came up:
.: Can't open	/etc/rc.conf
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

I can't use many of the commands.  What do I do?
Thanks,
Yasir Malik