Subject: Re: fdisk madness in 1.6.1_STABLE
To: NetBSD/i386 Discussion List <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/19/2003 19:34:28
> So far here's what I've got:
>
> 	# eval $(fdisk -S sd1)
> 	# fdisk -f -i -b $BCYL/$BHEAD/$BSEC sd1
> 	# fdisk -f -u -0 -s 169/63/$DLSIZE sd1
> 	# fdisk -f -a -0 sd1
>
> This seems to work, but it's a bit painful and getting this far took a
> great deal of experimentation.

The second line is pointless, the parameters to -b are not saved
on the disk.

The third line needs to be:
# fdisk -f -u -0 -s 169/$DLSEC/$(($DLSIZE-$DLSEC)) sd1

> Is this the most "correct" method for netbsd-1-6?  Is it optimal?
>
> I'm assuming from what I've read on the lists that this will be much
> easier in 2.0, and I really hope it is true!

Doubt it - most of the changes are to the interactive editor, and
adding the ability to edit the extended partition list.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk