Subject: Re: ioapic support missing for a7n8x(-x) (all nforce2?) mainboards?
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/12/2003 17:30:15
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 01:33:04PM +0200, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
>   panic: mpacpi: couldn't find all PCI bus members

That would be "couldn't find all PCI bus numbers". The problem here is
that, in order to configure PCI interrupt routing for I/O apics, NetBSD
must first associate PCI bus numbers with the PCI busses as presented
by ACPI.

ACPI implementations sometimes seem to present weird PCI hierarchies.
This particular implementation seems to do that, hence the panic.
I am not sure how to fix this. I have added some quirk entries for
ACPI, to avoid the panic, but unless there's working MPBIOS to pick
up where ACPI failed, that won't give you a working kernel that uses
the I/O apic (assuming the board has one or more).

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/