Subject: High res laptop recommendations - Thinkpad T41?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <abs@mono.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/10/2003 11:19:37
	I'm looking for a replacement for a Compaq EVO N800w (P4 2.2Ghz,
	1600x1200, ran quite well under NetBSD, but a little unreliable
	and not a very good keyboard - its back with the supplier for
	the fourth time this year and I they've given me a refund :)

	Screen res (>=1400x1050), battery, and keyboard are important,
	touhpoint much preferred over pad.

	Always liked thinkpads, and the Centrino based T41 looks quite
	nice. Expensive for the spec... but that is Thinkpads.

http://www5.pc.ibm.com/uk/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_TC13HUK?OpenDocument

	I have a colleague with an Acer TravelMate 800LCi (Used for
	Windows only), which is not a bad box, though they have done some
	seriously broken things with the keyboard layout (no separate
	page up/down keys for example)

http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page4.do?dau22.oid=2375&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=17&ctx1=UK&crc=224033066

	Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

--