Subject: RAID controller support, and/or RAIDFrame
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/2003 16:17:11
Hi,

I am looking at building a system with a RAID disk system. One
suggestion that was made to me by our hardware guys was the Adaptec
2110S raid controller. Unfortunately it does not seem to be supported by
NetBSD (but it is by FreeBSD (but their SCSI drivers are probably hard
to port over to NetBSD due to CAM)).

Are there any other current RAID controllers that we could use?
Apparently the ones that NetBSD does support are out of date.

How does their performance and stability compare to RAIDframe? I seem to
read conflicting reports about the latter's stability.

Thanks,
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ polderland.nl            -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond