Subject: Re: Adaptec 7902 U320 and/or Intel 82541 Ethernet help
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2003 21:07:48
In article <Pine.LNX.4.56.0310042345330.13637@mika.hanulec.com>,
	Michael Hanulec <hanulec@hanulec.com> writes:
> i'm trying to get NetBSD current installed onto two SuperMicro based
> systems.  the first system is ide based (X5DPA-GG) with two Intel 82541
> Gigabit ethernet controllers.  i have gotten the second nic to work by
> hacking the pci table in sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.h for the 82540EP_LP or
> 82546EB to use 0x8086 0x1013.  the first nic, wm0, is showing a mac
> address of ff:ff:ff:ff and the system some times files to come up as
> ifmedia_set panics.

The 82541 and 82547 need special handling in the wm(4) driver, just
adding their PCI ids won't make them fly.

I'm trying to find the time to work on 82547 support (which would be
very similar to 82541 support) for a while but couldn't allocate the
time so far.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/