Subject: NetBSD1.6.1 installation problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: tadi, sudhakar <tadi_sudhakar@emc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/30/2003 06:17:45
Hi All,

   I am installing NetBSD1.6.1 on DELL poweredge 2650 server.(x86)

Initially while booting from the CD-ROM I got the follwing error.

Unable to allocate VM for Buffers, and  got the panic message.

The google helped me in finding out the solution for this.  My system =
has so
much of memory(3Gig) and NetBSD unable to contorl it   So I removed  =
some
RAM( I removed 2 Gig from my system).=20

Now I am able to get the installation options, and seleted the option
install NetBSD on harddisk( I am having the MAXTOR SCSI disk).

But now the problem is NetBSD is unable to detect my SCSI disk.

The error is " No hardisk found to install NetBSD"

Could you plese help me finding the solution, so that I can install
NetBSD1.6.1 on
my Dell server.

Thanks in Advance
--Tadi