Subject: FYI: Statically-linked tcsh from 2001 coredumps on 20030913 -current?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/18/2003 12:50:28
FWIW, I think emulation 1.6 of signal is still buggy.

All the NetBSD machines I have in easy reach have an old (2001-ish,
maybe 2002) statically-linked /bin/tcsh (pkgsrc relinked by hand).
This binary was working up through late August.  Now it consistently
coredumps before finishing the first user command. My kernel config is
either GENERIC; or GENERIC_LAPTOP plus FAST_IPSEC.

I will try again with today's current (now I know that tcsh isn't
implicated cause of all my machines panicking on every "sync" or "df".)

I can gladly either help with remote debugging, or provide the binary
to anyone with time to improve (or regress-test) 1.6 signal emulation on i386.