Subject: Re: VERBOSE CD image -- kern/22616
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/05/2003 21:59:14
On Jan 17,  5:45pm, Charlie Allom wrote:
} On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:54:34AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} >      To solve this, I created an INSTALL_LARGE kernel, which is simply
} > an INSTALL kernel with all *_VERBOSE options turned on.  Then I
} > adjusted the build system to use this kernel when building CD images.
} > I figure that any machine that can boot from a CD will have enough
} > memory that the extra memory used won't be a problem.
}
} I think this could be named INSTALL_VERBOSE, and probably replicated
} on other arch's.

     I named it INSTALL_LARGE in order to follow the existing pattern:
INSTALL, INSTALL_SMALL, and INSTALL_TINY.  However, I'm not wedded to
the name.  Doing it on other archs as well would certainly be good.
I'll start a new thread on current-users and see if anybody bites.

}-- End of excerpt from Charlie Allom