Subject: Re: serial console
To: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/2003 13:22:07
> Like this then (without the n) ?
>
> # /usr/mdec/installboot -v -n /usr/mdec/biosboot_com0_38400.sym /dev/rwd0a

Looks about right for 1.6.x - provided the serial port works!

I'm actually surprised the system runs without a PS2 keyboard.
BIOS have been known to output "keyboard error, press any key to continue"

One possible problem is that the system might object to the serial terminal
being absent.  Possible problems include refusing to transmit unless
some modem lines are asserted and entering ddb because break is generated.
(I don't think this is a problem with netbsd i386 though)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk