Subject: Re: Is there a way to boot off of a second disk?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/2003 08:13:14
On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 08:26:02PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>
> > I would like to use the bootloader to load off of a second disk (where I
> > loaded xp) but I can't figure out if there's any way to do this.
> >
> > Anyone have any hints?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Thanks to someone's suggestion to use grub, I now have a non-operational
> system. Does anyone now know what magic I need to repair the system
> using fdisk/mbrselect?

Are you running 'current' or 1.6?

If current, run 'fdisk -c /usr/mdec/mbr_bootsel -u' and add a bootmenu
name to the netbsd partition on the first disk. Use F2 to boot the second disk.

If 1.6 you'll need to do 'fdisk -B' instead.  Use F6 to boot the second disk.

(there was a good reason for changing the key!)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk