Subject: Re: Compact Flash Install
To: , <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Ian Harding <ianh@tpchd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/16/2003 11:10:51
Cool.  That is what I thought I might end up doing.  The machine in =
question has only a CF slot, no drives at all, so I would create this =
"disk" on one machine and put it in the other and hope it boots.

If the machine is advertised as being NetBSD compatible and being able to =
boot from the Cf, is there any reason it wouldn't work?

>>> "K. Richard Pixley" <rpixley@nominum.com> 08/16/03 09:21AM >>>
Doesn't matter.  There's really nothing to it.

Find an ide to compact flash adapter.  They're around and cost $10-30.=20
Compact flash's regular interface is very close, (identical?), to IDE =
to=20
begin with so the "adapter" is really just traces on a board and a=20
couple of connectors.

Once you plug it in, it looks like a disk drive to the bios and to=20
netbsd.  From there, you just load it as you would a regular disk drive.

--rich