Subject: Re: Microsoft Natural Keyboard
To: Nicholas Ricketts <nightshade@phreaker.net>
From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2003 13:51:00
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:17:12PM +0000, Nicholas Ricketts wrote:
> I just gat an Microsoft Natural Mulimedia Keyboard (PS2) for my computer. Does
> anyone know how to make the special keys along the top send events. I do a
> cat < /dev/wskbd an all the other keys work except the special ones along the
> top. Do they use another device if so I didn't notice anything in dmesg.
> Maybe I just missed it. Any ideas. Here is the dmesg:

On my compaq keyboard, I have successfully mapped the extra keys in X
in a similar manner to mapping the windows keys in X.

Using xev you can grab the keycodes. And use xmodmap to map them to
function keys.

xmodmap -e "keycode 117 = F22"

(I use fvwm and can use F22 in the config like so:
	Key F22         A       N       Popup "Window Ops"
).