Subject: Re: RFC: root on raidframe howto
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/07/2003 14:18:02
> I have updated the draft, please take a look at
>
> http://www.piuha.net/~martti/tmp/raid

This is wrong for 'current' as i386 now uses /sbin/installboot.

Also the boot code will look for the kernel in the 'boot' filesystem
not wd0a - unless you build a specific kernel (or some other code
I haven't written yet gets implemented).

To make a fs bootable you need to:

$ cp /usr/mdec/biosboot /boot
$ /sbin/installboot wd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv2
(Those files will boot a 1.6 system, the bootxx_xxx file just has to
be copied around the label.)

Booting directly from the raid set (at the start of the BIOS partition)
only requires a trivial change to the code.

I need to look at this, and decide where and when to add the required
64 to all the sector numbers.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk