Subject: Re: Recent Shuttle (Spacewalker) Experiences ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/2003 20:33:55
On 5 Aug 2003 14:20:00 -0500, Adrian Portelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone got NetBSD up and running on any of the later models PC's
> from Shuttle (http://www.spacewalker.com) ?
>
> I was looking at getting one of these but I'm curious about device
> support under NetBSD.  Specifically I'm interested in any stories on the
> sound and NIC support.
>
> A lot of the later models (SB51*/SB45G/SB61G2/NEON) seem to use Realtek
> chips for both NIC and soundcards.  Specifically most seem use the
> "Realtek ALC 650" for sound and "Realtek 8100B or 8201BL" for NIC's.  I
> was unable to find any information on NetBSD support for the ALC650
> audio chip and the 8100B/8201BL NIC chips don't even seem to rate a
> mention on the rtk driver man page (it only mentions the 8129/8139
> chips).  One other (SB52G2) also mentions the Intel NIC chipset of
> 82551.  But this also don't rate a mention on the fxp man page.

I have an Epox 8k9a2+ motherboard with an ALC650 codec :

auvia0 at pci0 dev 17 function 5: VIA VT8235 AC'97 Audio (rev 0x50)
auvia0: interrupting at irq 11
auvia0: Avance Logic ALC650 codec; 20 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Realtek 3D
auvia0: variable rate audio, double rate output, S/PDIF, center DAC,
	surround DAC, LFE DAC
audio0 at auvia0: full duplex, mmap, independent

Works great with -current.  No idea if this is representative of
your audio device though.