Subject: Re: acpi: 30k+/sec interrupts on ioapic0 pin 9
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/2003 16:56:24
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:58:29PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
[...]
> ioapic0: int9 f1a0<vector=a0,delmode=1,pending,actlo,irrpending,level,dest=0> 1000000<target=1>

This is your problem. It looks like a polarity issue. Using MPACPI might
work, since ACPI should provide an interrupt source override that has
the right polarity.

When using the ACPI code without MPACPI, the code more or less has to
use an educated guess to find the right polarity and some othe values,
because the MPBIOS tables aren't guaranteed to have this information,
apparently (though I think they should, but I suppose using MPBIOS
with ACPI is something that BIOS writers don't consider to be a valid
combination).

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org