Subject: Re: Static from speakers
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/2003 15:54:23
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:43:24AM +0300, Laine Stump wrote:

> Just to pull this even further off topic ;-)
> - about 50% of the time, the speakers on my desktop PC
> at home in Boston used to emit the sounds of some
> local "the hottest hits of the 70's 80's 90's and today!
> station.

I had something close with my previous laptop.
It was an Apple iBook 12" running BSD
and last summer I went to a place called "Mont
Valérien" where you have an american cemetry and
a military communications base. I was on the grass,
typing text on my vi and suddenly the two small
speakers were doing noise and I could hear voices
that looked like a radio transmission, and not
the kind you hear on fm radio...

The internal DAC was pumping their radio
transmissions to the speakers, but the closest
antenna looked far away, much higher.

I've not been there since.

--
Gilbert Fernandes