Subject: fsck_msdos is trying very hard, but...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/11/2003 17:11:46
# fsck_msdos /dev/wd0f
** /dev/wd0f
backup doesn't compare to primary bootblock

...  And I'm supposed to do what, exactly, about this?

No other disk program I have even notices this, and fsck_msdos doesn't seem
to have any suggestions about how to correct this apparent error.  I'm
guessing this has to do with a freshly reinstalled disk, wherein I simply
dd'd disk images from the old disk onto the new one.

But that doesn't help me correct this problem.  What's the "correct" fix?
I don't know of any other program that even refers to a "backup" bootblock,
so I'm not sure when it's supposed to be copied, or which program should have
done it.

-s