Subject: Re: how to use mouse api if any
To: Rishabh Kumar Goel <Rishabh@soc-soft.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/10/2003 02:29:46
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:27:25AM +0530, Rishabh Kumar Goel wrote:

> hi Richard,
>
> well u got my problem, but i don't want to use X api's, for mouse.
> basically, what i am doing is simply........
>
> 1. Detecting the mouse clicks in text mode and then send it
>accross to my       windows program for display.
> 2. Detecting the keyboard hits in text mode and then send it
>accross to my       windows program for display.

So, why not read /dev/wsmouse or /dev/wsmouse0, as I suggested?

(For the keyboard, you might get what you want by kicking the tty
into raw mode.  I can't remember if you get keypresses for qualifiers
like Shift, though, in raw mode.  If you need key events for qualifiers,
you might need to do something different even from a tty.)

> For mouse i cannot find any such api. [...]

I think that you already found it.  /dev/wsmouse or /dev/wsmouse0.

Maybe I'm not understanding something, though.  Can you explain why
/dev/wsmouse is NOT what you want?  It sounds like exactly what you
need, to me.

Good luck, and take care.

P.S. Please format your lines to about 70 to 80 characters in width,
rather than running long lines.  It helps make your message more legible
in some contexts.  Thanks.