Subject: Re: booting off RAIDframe mirror with i386 -current
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/01/2003 23:50:17
On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:03:57AM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> With the following ugly diff I was able to boot successfully off a disk
> that had the raid0 set at the start of the disk and without the need
> for mucking about with boot partitions or wierd offsets for the 'a'
> partition.
>
> The "64" should at least be
>
> 	#define RF_PROTECTED_SECTORS    64      /* XXX refer to <.../rf_optnames.h> */
>
> and I don't know (read - "this works and that's all I needed") if
> there's a better way of doing this.
>
> Anyone more savvy with the i386 bootblocks care to comment?

I had a feeleng that my 'new' bootcode should make this easy!
However I think the 64 should be added on at a different point
- based on some property of the filesystem.

I don't know the actual layout of the raid0 system, but I recall there
is code somewhere that adds in 64 - does that code work?

Is that in the code that loads the kernel?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk