Subject: RE: Newbies and perhasp stupid questions
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/2003 10:37:00
 --- Thomas Runge <coto@core.de> a écrit : > On Thu,

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2003/06/19/0002.html

> > Is "Smartcard" the same as "Smartmedia"?
>
> No. A Smartcard is a microprocessor card as used for
> authentification,
> storing data, doing crypto (f.e. for online banking)
> etc.
> But the writer of above mail indeed means a
> smartmedia card which
> can get read via a USB reader, almost all of them
> recognized and

Oups, yes, you're right : it's SMARTMEDIA and not
SMARTCARD, sorry.

> supported by NetBSD. It appears as an atapi disk to
> the operating
> system (sd(4)).

Yes, but my machine is too old to have USB, so I use a
PCMCIA reader. Does it works as well ?

Thanks to all who reply

Lolo (arg, I just see the battery of this laptop is
dead :-((( ).

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.