Subject: Re: USB on -stable?
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/12/2003 09:25:41
I have an ARCHOS Mp3 player with the NEC USB 2.0 chipset.

To get this to work, I have to have a kernel with:

options 	PCIBIOS
options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing

and disable ACPI.

This device appears to have too long settle-time when attached, and sometimes
fails to force the umass0 driver to bind. But, it works reliably if attached
during the boot detection phase.

You might find this helps, I used to get the BBB timeout thing but no more.

cheers
	-George