Subject: Re: USB on -stable?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2003 20:42:54
Jason Thorpe [Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:29:23AM -0700]:

> On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 10:48  AM, Micha³ Pasternak wrote:
>
> >        if (root_device->dv_class != DV_DISK)
> >	                return (ENODEV);
> >
> >I suppose this is it. I'll try patching and submitting PR if it works.
>
> That's certainly not the problem.  If you notice, the device got

Well, now I see ;) As I said before, I was _totally_ sure I have MSDOSFS
in kernel, so according to the error messages and to the behaviour of
the device it seemed obvious, that the problem is it doesn't set dv_class.

> With the device plugged in to your system, run the "usbdevs" command,
> and send the output to this list... then someone should be able to cook
> up a patch for you in short order.

The device is fully operational now. Output of usbdevs -dv is:

    Controller /dev/usb0:
    addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), VIA
    Technologie(0x1106), rev 1.00
      uhub0
         port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, PhotoClip
	 USBMediaReader(0x6901), Daisy Technology(0x3579), rev 1.00
	    umass0

--
Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl