Subject: Re: USB on -stable?
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2003 09:29:23
On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 10:48  AM, Micha=B3 Pasternak wrote:

>         if (root_device->dv_class !=3D DV_DISK)
> 	                return (ENODEV);
> 		=09
> I suppose this is it. I'll try patching and submitting PR if it works.

That's certainly not the problem.  If you notice, the device got=20
confused when the kernel attempted to perform a MODE SENSE command to=20
determine the characteristics of the device.  There are several USB=20
mass storage devices that get confused by MODE SENSE, and we have a=20
"quirk" framework in our umass driver to handle such devices.

With the device plugged in to your system, run the "usbdevs" command,=20
and send the output to this list... then someone should be able to cook=20=

up a patch for you in short order.