Subject: USB on -stable?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2003 14:47:17
After last discussion here and your strong NetBSD advocacy,
I decided I'll give NetBSD another chance.

The problem is: USB support. I have a Diva mp3 player (made
by Daisy Technologies), which is supported very good on
Linux, FreeBSD, Windows 9x/2K/XP. NetBSD although doesn't
support it and I'm not sure where the problem is. On my
both machines (PC with VIA-based motherboard and ThinkPad i1200
series laptop by IBM) I have a similar situation: after
plugging in the device, kernel says:

uhub0: port error, restarting port 2

And that's all. What could I do to correct the problem?
I don't want to use current.

VIA machine dmesg says:

usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: VIA Technologie UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhci1 at pci0 dev 7 function 3: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller
(rev. 0x10)
uhci1: interrupting at irq 3
usb1 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: VIA Technologie UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
VIA Technologies VT82C686A SMBus Controller (miscellaneous bridge, revision
0x30) at pc
i0 dev 7 function 4 not configured

I'd appreciate any tips about this situation.

--
Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl