Subject: localization (was Re: HD Tuning)
To: Vit Herman <dragon@penguin.cz>
From: Scott Zahn <scott@xeroxparc.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2003 17:07:54
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Vit Herman wrote:

<snip>

> PS: Just one think is unpleasant - localization. I'm czech (so I beg
> pardon of native-speakers of English) and it's very important for me to be
> able to write (not only read) czech at console.

This reminds me of something I was thinking about a while ago.  How do
non-english speaking people learn to remember unix commands?  Most unix
commands are abbreviated english words.  So if someone knows no english at
all, how do they learn unix commands?  Rote memorization?  That seems like
it would be extra difficult.  Sorry if this post is way off topic, it's
just something that I've wondered about for a long time, but don't have
any non-english speaking unix friends to ask.  Could someone on this list
tell me?

-Scott

--
1 + 1 = 10