Subject: Re: Intel 82801DB - AC97 Audio, IDE & SMBus support
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2003 15:02:34
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 07:55:33PM +0000, Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> According to dmesg i have the following PCI devices present @pci0:
>
> --- cut ---
> mainbus0 (root)
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
> pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, rd/mult, wr/inv ok
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0
> pchb0: Intel 82845 Host (rev. 0x11)
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0
> pcib0: Intel 82801DB LPC Interface Bridge (rev. 0x01)
> Intel 82801DB IDE Controller (UltraATA/100) (IDE mass storage, interface 0x8a,
> revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 31 function 1 not configured
> Intel 82801DB SMBus Controller (SMBus serial bus, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev
> 31 function 3 not configured
> Intel 82801DB AC97 Audio Controller (audio multimedia, revision 0x01) at pci0
> dev 31 function 5 not configured
> --- cut ---
>
> From supported hardware list for NetBSD 1.6.1/PCI i found that at least "Intel
> i82801AA, i82801AB, i82801BA, and i82440MX audio (auich)" is supported. But
> AA/AB/BA and DB according to Intel docs have different devcie codes. On the
> other hand, AFAIU they are quite sumular to each other both in interface and
> functionality so it shouldn't be hard to add support of this devices too [or
> i am wrong ?].
>
> All i wanted to ask is if someone already working on support of 82801DB. if
> not, i will try to add it to existing code (at least audio). Just not to
> waste time if it's already done by someone :)

I believe these are working in -current. For IDE/UHCI it's a matter of adding
the right IDs at the right place, and I guess for auich too, although there's
an additional quirk in -current which shouldn't be needed in 1.6.1.

There's no support for SMBus device in NetBSD.

FWIW, adding 82801EB support is just as easy.

Quentin Garnier.